Rain can be a little unpredictable here in Myrtle Beach. Sometimes it stops for a minute or settles in for the day. We love how the rain makes the landscape lush and green. We also love a rainy day because it’s a great opportunity to try something new at Plantation Resort! You’ll find that most of our ideas are located at the Indoor Pool and Activity Center. So check out our list of great activities for your rainy day in Myrtle Beach!
Rainy Day Activities List
There are several regular activities you’ll see every season which are often done indoors. These are:
- Shirts to Dye For
- Bingo (In the summer we do this outdoors, but they’re moved inside when it rains.)
- Crafting Classes
- Aqua Yoga
- All of our Aerobic Activities (Click here to see the fitness class schedule.)
There are so many activities to choose from! We offer a balance of indoor and outdoor activities, so just keep an eye out for the activity schedule online here, in your Welcome Magazine or at the Indoor Pool Office.
We recently updated our arcade to include new games, such as The Fast and the Furious racing game, Area Site 4 shooting game, Treasure Chest claw game, a multicade and more! We also offer up the classics such as Ping Pong, Pool and Foosball. Go ahead, challenge one and all to a tournament!
Check out board games at the Indoor Pool Office. They have games like Monopoly, Life, Candy Land as well as puzzles and so much more. Call them at ext. 1400 to find out the full collection.
Just because it’s raining doesn’t mean you can’t swim. You’ll find, not only a beautiful pool but also a hot tub, saunas and steam rooms. Our retractable roof will keep the rain off, while you go for a swim or soak in the hot tub.
Of course, if there is no lightning you can still enjoy the Outdoor Pool, Lazy River or even the Beach. Hey, if you were going to be wet anyway…
There’s just something about curling up in a chair with a good book during a stormy day. We have a great “Take a Book, Leave a Book” library at the Indoor Pool Office. So once you finish your beach novel, you can drop it off and pick up something new to read.
Sometimes it’s nice to just relax doing an activity with which you are already familiar. We have a wonderful array of DVDs available for rent at the Indoor Pool or you can take the opportunity to check out the Plantation Resort channel or find a movie on the premium channels such as HBO and Showtime.
Schedule your massage during a downpour. Between the relaxing touch of our trained massage therapists and the pitter-patter of rain on the roof, you’ll find yourself completely relaxed (and possibly asleep – which happens often) in no time. Refer to the back of your Welcome Magazine (or click here and scroll to the last page) for our complete menu of spa offerings.
Trade in your beach sandals for treadmill shoes on those rainy days. We have a state-of-the-art exercise room, filled with aerobic machines as well as a full compliment of weight lifting equipment.
Ideas Outside of the Resort (and Close By)
Of course, you’ll find an endless amount of great options outside the Resort for your day of rain during your vacation. Here is a list of some of our favorites:
- Fun Warehouse – An all inclusive facility for family entertainment that features an Arcade, Laser Tag, Soft Play, Inflatables, Roller Skating, Rollerball Mini-Bowling, Snack Bar and now offers Go Carts! Just around the corner from Plantation Resort.
- Movies at Market Common – Close By and Great Shopping too!
- Coastal Grand Mall – The largest indoor mall in the state, is the place to shop, take in a movie, or grab a bite to eat. Just off of 501 and Highway 17 Bypass.
- WonderWorks – An indoor amusement park for the mind that has 100 interactive exhibits for all ages. Experience 84mph hurricane force winds, lie on a bed of nails, land, design & ride a virtual roller coaster, climb an indoor ropes course, play a game of laser tag. At Broadway at the Beach.
- Ripleys Aquarium – Located at Broadway at the Beach, Ripley’s Aquarium is one of the most popular aquariums in the country. The most noteworthy exhibit is Dangerous Reef, a huge 340-foot underwater tunnel where you can walk surrounded by sharks, tarpons and green moray eels. Finish your tour of the aquarium in the interactive Discovery Center exhibit, where touch pools house creatures like puffer fish and horseshoe crabs.
- Surfside Bowl – Just down the street from Plantation Resort. 32 lanes of bowling, arcade games, food and fun and more!
- Rockin’ Jump – The ultimate trampoline park providing fun for kids and adults of all ages. Offering Fitness and Competition Disguised as Fun! Not too far for so much fun!
- Art Museum of Myrtle Beach – Located on the south end of Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach’s only art museum has been attracting and displaying fine works of art since 1997. Past and present collections have included local, regional, national, and international artists whose work spans a wide range of mediums (painting, sculpture, fashion, quilts, maps, music). The museum plays host to openings for the ongoing collections, juried art exhibits, fundraisers, and more. And it’s free!
- Restaurants (Lazer’s Pizza – just next door!, River City Cafe, Salt Water Creek, and so many more!) Be sure to check out the Welcome Magazine for coupons and discounts.
- All the Shows that Myrtle Beach is Famous for! Contact the Front Desk for Discounted tickets.
Reserve your Stay at Plantation Resort
Come stay at Plantation Resort, where there’s always something to do, even when it rains. To reserve your stay, please call one of our friendly Owner Service Representatives at 1-800-845-5039. Be sure to ask about any of their favorite rainy day activities. Do you have a favorite rainy day activity that we missed? We’d love to hear about your favorites. Please share them with us in a comment.