Hey, you! Yes, you. We’ve missed you. We hope you’ve been safe during this pandemic. Your safety is our top priority and as you consider whether to visit your “home away from home” we know you have a lot of questions. The #1 question we hear is “Is it safe to come to the Resort?” Read below to see all we’re doing to ensure your safety during your stay so you can make the best decision for you and your family.
Is it safe at the Resort?
This is the top concern we’ve heard from you through phone calls and social media. The answer to this is multi-faceted because so many people contribute to the safety of the Resort. The one that helps the most in this fight against COVID-19 is you. As you:
- pay attention to potential symptoms (like coughing or fever) and choose to delay your vacation until you’re symptom free, and as you
- wash your hands,
- keep your distance, and
- wear your mask,
you help us keep the Resort safe. We thank you for that. Here at the Resort each department has taken measures to sanitize, screen, and social distance. Here are some of what the teams here at Plantation Resort are doing to help ensure your safety:
For guests and employees, there are 5 key things to know before arriving at Plantation Resort:
- Daily temperature screenings for employees
- Face coverings required for employees and strongly encouraged for guests.
- Physical distancing practices including physically-distanced queues and physical barriers (like plexiglass in front of reception desks)
- Temporary operation modifications, including reduced hours at select locations and no scheduled entertainment offerings or high-touch interactive areas
- An increased focus on disinfecting and sanitation, including the addition of hand-washing stations and hand sanitizers in key areas
Since many of these measures will be new, and may still evolve, we want to be sure guests and employees are aware of all these changes.
As we navigate through this unprecedented time as responsibly as we can, we have implemented a number of new safety measures based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), health authorities, and appropriate government agencies.
Please keep in mind that certain regulations around the Resort are beyond our control. We appreciate that our local government is trying to keep us all safe as much as possible and we must adhere to their guidelines which are:
- Masks in all public areas
- Limits on the number of people in public areas:
Outdoor Pool 150 guests
Lazy River 80 guests
Indoor Pool 20 guests
Activity Center 20 guests
Fitness Center 5 guests
Aerobics Center 5 guests
Front Desk 30 guests
Outdoor Pool Hot Tub 2 guests
Lazy River Hot Tub 3 guests
Indoor Pool Hot Tub 1 guest
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures for you, our other guests, and employees. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting Plantation Resort.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting Plantation Resort you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Employee Screening: Employees will undergo temperature screening each day when they arrive at their respective work stations. Based on guidance from health authorities, those with temperatures 100.4 F or above will be sent home to recover.
Following guidance from the government and the medical community regarding enhanced screening procedures and prevention measures, we have made some adjustments that include limited-contact Guest Services to ensure a responsible and enjoyable environment for everyone.
Guests are strongly encouraged to wear a mask in public. Employees are required to wear a mask when interacting with guests.
All face coverings should:
- Fully cover an individual’s nose and mouth and allow the guest to remain hands-free
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops
- Be made of breathable material, either disposable or reusable
Physical barriers have been added in select places where it is difficult to maintain strict physical distancing guidelines. These may be visible in areas around cash registers or at the Front Desk, for example, to help ensure proper social distancing between people.
Physical Distancing and Capacity Measures
Managing the number of guests visiting Plantation Resort has been a major consideration as we implement physical distancing guidelines based on recommendations from health authorities and government officials. One of the ways to do that is to limit the number of guests and employees at any given time at each location. Additional measures include:
- Limited Activities: Limited activities have been reopened as they are deemed fit for following all the safety guidelines. We offer several activities that are individually packaged and can be done at a safe social distance from other guests. We are also doing as many outdoor activities as possible as the outdoors affords a great time while still social distancing. Shuttles have limited capacity to meet social distancing guidelines. There are some shuttle seats that have been cordoned off to provide social distancing for the riders, and seats are wiped down regularly.
- Masks Provided: In certain areas, such as the shuttle and the Front Desk, we offer masks as a courtesy for our guests.
- Signage: Directional signage has been installed to assist guests to responsibly move throughout the property. Additionally, ground markings help promote proper physical distancing when queuing is needed at a location.
- Training: We are also training employees to engage with guests and promote physical distancing guidelines in common areas and queues.
Cleanliness and Sanitation
We’ve increased cleaning and disinfection in high-traffic areas such as handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms and more. Additionally, Plantation Resort has made hand sanitizer available in key areas. Guests are highly encouraged to use this while visiting.
Our housekeeping staff works tirelessly to make sure your vacation is clean and sanitary.
- All linens (including bedspreads) are removed from the condo and sanitized by the laundering process.
- All rooms and surfaces are cleaned with a hydrogen peroxide-based cleaner (a green natural anti-microbial cleaner) recommended by experts to be an effective deterrent against pathogens. “Of all the natural cleaning products out there, hydrogen peroxide disinfectant may be the most effective,” says infectious disease expert Amesh A. Adalja, M.D., senior scholar at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security.
- Housekeepers then sanitize all surfaces with a proven, highly effective disinfectant that kills bacteria and pathogens including the SARS-CoV-2, the cause of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
- All dishes are run through the dishwasher on a high heat setting.
- Our new carpet steamer heats water to 210 degrees – more than hot enough to kill any lingering baddies found in the carpeting or tile.
- At final inspection, the housekeeping supervisor disinfects all surfaces once again, including light switches, doorknobs, etc. so the condo is clean and ready for the next vacationer.
About These Measures
As part of these efforts, guests may see other changes to our amenity and dining offerings, as well as other experiences. Though it may be different from the last time you visited, these new measures are designed to offer you an exceptional vacation experience in a responsible way.
We understand that these times are challenging, and we appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we navigate them responsibly. Together, we can find new ways to have fun while being diligent to maintain proper social distancing.
Safe Wishes from Plantation Resort
Whether you decide to travel today or visit us sometime in the future, rest assured that we have your safety in mind. We are delighted to welcome you to vacation at Plantation Resort anytime. Here’s to a safe, healthy and happy future for all of us!