Summer is just around the corner. Use our Pinterest page to find great ideas on how to prepare for your next road trip! We’ve compiled a list of our favorite travel tips blogs, along with a few of our favorite highlights from each of them. Find these and other great travel resources on our Pinterest board “Tips for Travelling”.
This travel savvy mom shares her tips for prepping for a long trip. We love her organization style and we think you will too. Our favorites from this blog are:
- Make car maintenance a priority [You’ll want to take care of this before you begin, but if something goes wrong or you need a tune-up when you arrive, check our Welcome Magazine for a special discount from our neighbor, Mason Tires.]
- Assign personal space and responsibilities.
- Download apps before you hit the road so you aren’t hassling with hard-to-find wifi.
Buzzfeed is always a favorite:
- Turn a half filled Nalgene water bottle on its side in the freezer for ice water. Fill it up the rest of the way before you leave. It will keep your water icy cold.
- Find lowest gas prices along the way. They suggest the website FuelMyRoute.com. [Unfortunately, the FuelMyRoute.com website has been shut down. We suggest reading this article (click on the link) to find out how to find the lowest gas prices on your road trip: “2 Ways to Find the Lowest Gas Prices Near Your Location – Cheap Gas Prices.”]
Almost every blog suggests packing snacks. Read Becky’s blog to find ideas on what snacks to pack. The author’s ideas are simple, healthy and really do-able. And more than just packing snacks, this article mentions their family travels and their philosophy around making their snacks. Here are some of our favorite highlights:
- Lunch is a turkey sandwich with cheese, spinach and pretzel bread (keep tomatoes separate to prevent sogginess). These favorites are always a hit: popcorn, apples and chocolate milk.
- Avoid too many processed foods. They can cause upset tummies which is something you’ll want to avoid especially on the road.
- Buy produce at road stands along your road trip.
Summer is just around the corner, and this means many of us are gearing up for beach trips! Who doesn’t love a day (or week!) at the beach, but it does get a little more hectic when there are little ones involved. Paula, the blog’s author, lists 10 things that are essential for a kid friendly beach trip! Here are a few of our favorite beach travel tips:
- If you have really young ones, bring an inflatable pool along. You can add just the right amount of water for them to play in and you won’t have to worry about them eating up all the sand on the beach.
- Stick safety sticker tattoos to your children just in case they wander off. Lifeguards can read them and contact you.
- Be sure to pack extra swim suits.
- Pack water. Spending the day in the sun will take its toll on you and your baby’s hydration, which can make everyone cranky. So pack the water and keep the smiles.
For more clever and useful beach tips, see our blog article “32 Tips for a Great Day at the Beach.”
The editors from Buzzfeed and Birchbox teamed up to make this list of their favorite travel tips to help make your travel stress-free:
- Store power cords in an old sunglasses case. It will save space and frustration.
- Make your own awesome travel beverage. Bring a thermos and a lemon, honey, you own tea and have the flight attendant fill your cup with hot water.
- Bring an infinity scarf – it can be a blanket or block out the sun for a nap plus it’s stylish.
You can use these travel tips to not only drive here safely, but to enjoy yourself once you arrive! Be sure to follow us on Pinterest where we add to our boards regularly great ideas that save you time, hassle and money while on vacation. Our favorite travel tip of all is to reserve your stay today at Plantation Resort by calling 1-800-845-5039. Hope to see you soon at Plantation Resort!